Wharton Kids club

Things are looking up again, my last blog must have sounded really sob but not anymore.
Life at Wharton is pretty hectic right now, apart from the books, all the clubs are in the season of recruiting and advertizing. There is a dancers club, the whartones (singers), the writers at Kelly writers house, different business related clubs to name but a few. Students actually have their heads spinning trying to figure what club they need to join (for info and networking sake) and what would be nice to do. So apart from sorting through assignments there is the clubs. This has been fun for me because I on the other hand am rubbing my hands wondering what other club I can join, most of the clubs are open to partners as well. The down side is that most club activities take place in Centre City which means taking the bus and half them start at 11pm that pretty much says it all.
One club though that is sane in every way is the kids club, we joined it and Mich and I had our first interaction with other Wharton moms and children today. It was really nice, the interaction, the similarity and difference in our experiences, that was beautiful, the kids got a long well and enjoyed playing indoor games. There was a lot of information that I obtained from just this one meeting, in many ways its a networking ground too. I met two ladies who have taken up the responsibility of finding fun things for mothers and kids to do, they have drawn up a rota for each day of the week through to Sunday. One of the days includes an investment class for women, an introduction to different investing styles with the eventual goal of a stock portfolio competition. How cool is that?! I'm excited.
This evening we had another get together for students, Wharton partners and Wharton kids club, that was another great success. Meeting more people, just chatting, they organized it in a family setting, we had about three tables and chairs all around to make it look like one big family. We ate together, introduced our selves as we moved around and the kids had a great time. Again I love these family get together because you get to eat all the nutritious foods. I'm not very good with names but I have met three ladies talked at length with them and even exchanged phone numbers.
I realize now that there is lots to do, the sky is the limit, I just need money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport