Woozy

I have reached a point in my stay here where I choose not to follow/trust my Christian buddies when it comes to drinks. I think for now I will stick with what is familiar, you know, juice, soda, water and stuff like that, these other drinks with fancy names, ah ah.

On Friday I attended a get together for the WWW'07 committee, that is Wharton Welcome Weekend. Every year the school organises a weekend where students who have just been admitted can come and tour the school and the areas surrounding it, inquire about accommodations and things of that nature. The committee comprises of mainly current students and partners, I'm in for the partners and kids bit of things. We are basically there to encourage students with partners and kids to come along with them, we share a few experiences and tell them about schools for children and other activities they can get involved in.

Anyway so I go for this get together and have absolutely no one to talk to, my buddies hadn't shown up and I hardly knew any of the other people. It was in a bar so I figured I would ask for a drink at the counter while I looked around. Then I saw Carol, the girl who helps babysit Mich and other kids while we are in cell group. We talked for a bit and I found out that she works there part time, I thought great, "can you recommend a drink" because quite frankly I had no clue what was being sold, but I thought "she is a christian she will know what "soft drink" is out there" (mistake no.1).
She was very excited to help and immediately said I try the something something apple, I thought that sounded cool if the name was anything to go by. I made the order and attendant handed me the drink, then I asked how much it was (mistake no.2), I should have asked before making the order, she said it was $11 dollars, I was shocked!, speechless!, the bar attendant was too busy to wait for me to go through all the emotions so she moved on. I got the impression she was saying please don't waste my time, you ordered for the drink, now give me the money because I don't have all day, and for sure it was a busy evening. I painfully pulled out the money, handed it to her and walked off with my drink. It was sweet with an apple taste to it, I emptied the glass but somehow I failed to hit it off with the crowd so I decided to go and browse in the book store next door. Woow!!! not long after that I felt like the back of my head had been hit with a ton of bricks, yaayi!!! that was bad!. I started feeling woozy and thought I was about to pass out, I thought if I stood still for a few minutes the feeling would go, aah... not working.

I drunk some water and that made me feel a little better, after a while I decided it was time to head home. I got there safely and narrated the ordeal to Sam, who felt for his adventurous wife but advised me to stick with the straight and narrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport