Kids Club Handover

Hum hum humm!!! I know what you are thinking, 'girl, whatsup?, you have more time to your self now that Mich is in school and look, you haven't posted anything for a while, whats going on???'
I know, I know, well I will tell you all about it in bits and pieces. As usual the best place to start is at the beginning.

It's a new school year, well not so new anymore and with that comes handing over of responsibilities. So much of the past weeks have been about meetings, nominations and handing over files.
I was officer in charge of the Welcome Weekend, I couldn't have been given a better post because I had fun fun fun! I enjoyed working with the students and administration, late nights corresponding with prospective students with partners and kids and attending endless meetings but it was all good.
The first year moms are here so we threw a welcome party for families just so we could put faces to some of the names and chat a little bit. Then the next week or so we had a meeting, old officers describing their duties in the various posts and having the new members deciding which positions they were comfortable taking up.

All the post were taken up except mine, can you imagine?! I don't whether it's because I didn't do a good job selling my position or I sold it so well that they freaked out with how much time one had to put in. Unfortunately I can't carry the post two years in a row so by the time we met again, they had found someone. The lady seemed worried about taking on the task but I put her fears to rest when I told her I would be there to help out and that it's not nuclear physics or anything.

We ( the out going officers) had fun working as a team and decided it was only fitting to treat ourselves to a dinner while the guys took a turn looking after the kids.









Comments

  1. What a lovely golden colour you are wearing! It really suits your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou very much! I'm glad I didn't get lost in the crowd :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport