Christmas at Gaylord Texan


I know the name sounds a little weird but its only a name, there is nothing else to it - believe me I was there and I have pictures to show.

Sam and I woke up around 7 something to the sound of papers being wripped, somebody was opening the presents "santa" had placed under the tree. I don't know how Mich figured out which presents were his, well its not like there were that many to begin with but I suspect he thought "the bigger it is, the more likely it is to be mine".
When I asked him later he said, he just knew, he had prayed so there was no question about it - I love that faith.

Looks like Americans dont have church on Christmas day, we searched online but there was no church activity, you better do all your church activity on christmas eve and before - christmas day is for eating, going places and being with family.
We haven't developed any close friendships in the area yet so it was just the three of us. I'm not complaining, that's family right?!.
So we decided to take a ride on the town and then visit Gaylords Texan resort and convention center to check out the lights and christmas displays.



We visited the ice house that had hand carved ice kept at a frosty 9 degrees. It is so cold, all the visitors are given jackets as they line up to enter. The thing I found interesting about it all is that Chinese are flown in to actually do the sculpting, does it snow that much in China? how come they know more about this kind of thing?
The scenes I loved most where the nativity scene and the angel. Take a look






To crown the day we went to the cinema to watch a family movie. Made sure that it was a "G" rated movie, found 'The Tale of Despereaux' was the only one. I thought that would do, boy was I wrong or what?! bad idea completely. The story about a little mouse that wasnt afraid turned out to be a horror for Mich, he covered his eyes half the time and his little heart was beating like a drum. Who rates these movies anyway? there were some really spooky faces I was getting scared too.












And the story was not all that anyway, enough bad mouthing for the producers, it didnt spoil our day we went home and kept the merry spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport