Officially Mapengo

He suddenly sprung out of his chair-

"Mummy, my tooth is out"

"Really? how did it happen?"

With the cutest, toothless grin I ever saw he said, "I just kept turning it around and around with my tongue".

So, that's how it happened.
I was just laughing at myself - by the time losing a tooth becomes a thrill then you know parenting is something else.

With all the special days popping up these past weeks - what with the valentines party, his birthday, he got invited for a party this weekend... I couldn't quite make the whole tooth fairy thing work. He is not big on it anyway and since we still have candy around the house, it served well for the occasion. I didn't even try to add the mystic aspect, but we will see, still have 19 or so teeth to lose right? atleast he knows we rejoice with him.

Comments

  1. hey congs....now i really cant wait to be a parent. It sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:37 AM

    You are right, you have 19 more to go. Naaye, you rewarded lose of a tooth with sweets- the irony there is funny.Kasta the teeth are lost due to his becoming of age not the sweets! lol.

    p.s. if you tried to tell him about rats which take teeth, Mich would call environmental health people on you. So it is tooth fairy or nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UG- Thanks, you will get there in time.
    3TOC - Isn't there something called "good candy"?, like the one in my Dentists office? (ok now I'm feeling guilty)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute picture Mary, Mich looks thrilled to display his "lost" tooth.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie - You betcha!
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport