Sensual Kampala

Eyes mirror the soul. Many have trained to disguise their emotions, but ordinarily our eyes tell on us.
I have therefore concluded that this city is on heat, excuse the language but I can’t find a more polite phrase. It’s the way men look at women, women smile coyly and then meet at strange locations at weird hours to quench their lust. Old men defile little girls, older women sleep with younger men; it’s about black mail, love affairs gone bad, the devil – the reasons are endless. It’s probably been this way since before, before, but now I see the issues with new lenses.
As I interact, I sense the forces in control -; “sleep with her, just don’t get caught”, build my house, get the latest car, wiggle a way in to the CEO’s good books for a promotion, crave status, hang with the “right” crowd, date the pretty young thing, have an affair with the married lady – “she’s been on my list for a long time, besides her husband doesn’t pay her as much attention”. Study ACCA, MAT, CAT, AAC, AMT, TMA and I don’t know what else.

The waves of traditional and church weddings continue to sweep the city while the waves of separation, infection, unfaithfulness and stress sweep right back and stronger. The gravity of commitment to covenant's has long since lost meaning. Have the traditional introduction ceremony and wed, who cares what happens after the guests are gone? Ok, so we have a few debts, the presents are nice, there is a “bun” in the oven and she is still being pursued by man-friend x who will not give up no matter how many vows she makes. That is life!

Looking to be employed is ancient, owning a business is the in thing. Money pours in, you wish you had embarked on this journey ages ago. “Do business” “Be your own Boss”.

But I wonder back to - When do two people become one? Is it when their minds have the same password, they understand each other beyond words? Is it when they publicly confess their undying love? When they get physically intimate? Or when after 30 years of living together, they know how each one likes their tea, what that look means, how one’s toes curls when they are extremely irritated?
Should sex be taken seriously? Isn’t it as simple as spontaneously laughing at the same joke?

Life is complicated and yet the author says it’s quite simple. “Self control” runs the course of His manual like a man in a marathon. He says He has given us everything we need for life and godliness – I don't know.

Anyway, now that it's finally off my chest, I can carry on with the day’s events. Whether or not I make sense is a whole other issue.


Have a great weekend

Comments

  1. Hey Mjay,

    You are making alot of sense my dear.

    Now more than ever I am asking the same question about when do two people become one, should sex be taken seriously etc!! Its mind boggling I must say!

    Thank God for your husband and always pray that the values and perception of marriage/commitment you share remain untainted.

    Howz Mitch coping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...are you like as in home Ug...kale i have so been away from blogger for too long.

    I think it was the same before, before...but then people kept it under wraps..today well its different people just dont can about anyone but themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rant...the rant that's so on point...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport