A search for inspiration

I should be constructing sentences and joining words together to make good sense but I lack the drive, the motivation, the, what’s the word? - Inspiration.
I’m about to conclude that, “this place” doesn’t set me ablaze, either that or I’m hanging with the wrong crowd, reading the wrong news papers, working the wrong job or it’s the hormones .

I have faithfully written a New Years letter in the past but this time I haven’t gone beyond just musing about it. Otherwise I think this is going to be an interesting year, hopefully with not as many dramatic and hair raising surprises and events as 2009 unceasingly sprayed.

Yesterday I walked my baby to his P1 class room in the big school. I dropped him off, waved goodbye but “I” never left. Parenting is an amazing experience! - watched my belly expand, finally got a glimpse of God’s creation, celebrated the budding his first tooth, watched him wobble as he took his first step then begun to run around. Still clinging to mummy’s leg. Later getting a grip of his colors, struggling to hold a pencil, stuttering as he tried to fathom consonants and vowels. Now he reads sentences, has an ear for “big words” like enthusiasm and is trotting off to “big school”. Yeah, he is beginning to walk away (sigh).


Regarding yours truly, I can safely say the shades of grey are turning to color again. The world is not so blue any more. I’m getting my energies back. I will soon put down the ban on scented soaps and perfumes in the house. That should be a cause for celebration since we have all been strictly using key soap for bathing and I was seriously policing what deodorant Sam dearest could adorn.
Two things I have noted 1. One begins to show much earlier with subsequent pregnancies. My tummy now is the size it was when I was 5 months with Mich.
2. The stomach wall is more sensitive to the baby’s movements. I first felt Mich at 15 weeks, this time it was almost immediate.


HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Comments

  1. Aaawww Mama Mich! Congratulations and all the best with this trip!

    Nice to hear Mich has started big school. Kemp started on Monday too and just like you I hang around for a little while to meet the other kids and see how Kemp blended in.Well, he forgot about me as soon as he got in and sat proud feeling like a big boy not wanting to look in my direction.

    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maya.

    So Kemp is in big school too? nice!! we can exchange notes on this road. I wish him all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I may not know exactly how that experience is but it must feel great being a mother

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport