My world

We have come a long way and there is still a distance to travel but I give thanks to God for bringing me this far. It’s a new experience. Feels like I’m expecting for the first time. Touching my belly and feeling parts of this little person’s body is amazing. Obviously I’m doing a lot of guess work but am certain that the head is somewhere around “here”, the butt is somewhere around “here”, the knees or elbows … I can’t tell the fingers and toes apart but I feel him/her drawing circles and lines, punching and poking the trapeze, aka my stomach. Trips to the loo have stepped up to almost every 30 minutes – that can be very bothersome.


My bounce is gone. I have recently acquired the duck walk for balancing purposes but I try to keep it as subtle as possible.

In other news Mr. O is out of town, I miss him sorely. It’s not good for woman to be alone. When lives get intertwined, life is not the same when one party is missing. It’s in the little things: turning on the radio in the morning, driving to and from work together, conversations and remarks, having dinner together…

Mich feels his absence too but I get to face the brunt of zillions of questions. They come in one big wave, as though he were uncomfortable with silence and talking is a calming therapy. He calls me 8 times in one sentence and everything is a question “why did God create men with breasts?” “Did I tell you about Bakugan swam fire?” “What is moisture?” “When is Daddy coming back?” I have to give well thought out answers - the absent minded responses only cause a regeneration of questions. He loves to share new information too like “the smoke that comes out of a ship’s engine is burnt coal” or “we should thank the Indians and Chinese for inventing gun powder” – this is off an education DVD that he just got.

We butt heads constantly these days, especially when he is fixated on disobeying. I tend to miss his subtle manipulation mostly because I’m drained from the days events. On good days I’m able to get a grip on things and think of creative ways of getting him onto my side without exactly being dictatorial. On other days I just lose it. He relates better when he understands the principles but it takes a lot of patience and yet I want immediate obedience. Every day I’m reminded that parenting takes prayer, lots of it, there is no way of carrying out this responsibility without God. I see traits in Mich that I loathe, even more because it’s a mirror of me. I need God to work on my character on a minute by minute basis so I can portray Christ.

Comments

  1. "Every day I’m reminded that parenting takes prayer..."

    Taking notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this reminds me of "God Bless the woman" by Lucky Dube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:54 AM

    Dear Mama Mich,

    Its been a while since I visited your blog and its nice to learn about the progress you are making with the little one on the way!! Ohhh the duck walk,that just cracked me up coz it reminded me of my last days before my boy arrived. My best friend always did a good job of immitating how I walked. But I couldn't be bothered, had to be confortable whatever odd way that was achieved..haha!!

    Mich is in so many ways like my son! It def is the age!! Bless him!

    Before this turns out to be a blog post, take care of yourself and best of luck for the remaining leg of the journey till baby arrives.

    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  4. True Jaycee, only prayer.

    Robyn, it's been a while. I hope you are well. Glad that you can feel the mixes of womanhood :-).

    Maya dear, was thinking about you this morning. Are you well? We need to compare notes on these little gifts God has given us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport