She does me well


She rides a bicycle, starts a motor and pulls a few punches
She steps on an imaginary accelerator
She studies my face intently:- making out the C shapes at the sides of my head and the black things on the top of my head
She looks me dead in the black spot of the eye, when she has had enough of a gaze, she shuts her eyes to drink it all in
She knows my scent and leaps at the sound of my voice
She laughs when its time to feed
She coos in satisfaction
Her toothless smile makes plants grow and the sun to shine in the middle of the night.
My little girl Amani

Comments

  1. i cant believe i have been away this long... you had a baby and i didnt know.... Congs sweets..

    We need to talk about this over tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Name the place, I will be there. Just as long as I don't need to buy a ticket, but if it's on you ... I'll start packing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport