Arrested

I just figured out how people get caught by fashion police. I can’t vouch for every single one because some people just have bad fashion sense, they can’t help it. But some others, some others get caught on the wrong footing and others like me have just lost their oomph. I have overly rubbed marriage and babies in the dirt but please allow me to do it one more time. I see red flags going off. No! Am not bad mouthing marriage, it’s the awesomesstest institution ever but then I’m not writing to convince you either way. I’m just saying that things change, you’ve got to put in an extra effort to keep yourself priority otherwise things slip away, slip down, slip around – the works. Ask Paul.
In 1 Corinthians 7: 28 he says “All I am saying is that when you marry, you take on additional stress in an already stressful time, and I want to spare you if possible”.


In verse 32 he says "I want you to live as free of complications as possible. When you're unmarried, you're free to concentrate on simply pleasing the Master. Marriage involves you in all the nuts and bolts of domestic life and in wanting to please your spouse, leading to so many more demands on your attention. The time and energy that married people spend on caring for and nurturing each other, the unmarried can spend in becoming whole and holy instruments of God. I'm trying to be helpful and make it as easy as possible for you, not make things harder. All I want is for you to be able to develop a way of life in which you can spend plenty of time together with the Master without a lot of distractions".

Now that I have laid a good foundation for my case, I can tell you what happened. Sam was involved in organizing an important office function – stress is an understatement but he pulled it off praise God! Kati as his mukyala I attended to morale boost, support, you get the gist. But this mama forgot that for such events you’ve got to look spiffy. Back in the day it was second nature – lip gloss, powder, mascara extra extra, now, I was just thinking of being there and not so much to look like a million bucks. I forgot that these functions are infested with paparazzi. I stepped in the room and I was immediately blinded by the flashes. Oh my! What are they going to do with those pictures? I hope I don’t end up on that fashion police page, how shall I explain the circumstances?

If they put my unpowdered face or my jeans and jacket frame in any public journal, I will have to follow it up with a disclaimer or just remain in my cocoon aka my house.

Have a lovely weekend

PS: Ladies this is no excuse to let yourself go, I am just saying.

Comments

  1. But nga on Sunday you looked like a million dollars in your funky red outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaaa! I'm re-learning my dear :-). It was great hanging by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) i hear you hun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i shall be coming here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just here to say hi to you. Happy new year. How are the kids and their daddy?
    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ug girl, TRP, lulu, thanks for visiting. Pleasant surprise :-)

    jny23 - Hi back to you. It's been a while, you good? Life is too hectic lately can't do my blogger rounds. Is BHH still on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here. Been off blogger for a while now. MAking a comeback though.

    Yeah, BHH still on every last Thursaday of the month.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport