Worship and an Omelette

Fill in the missing letters.




Friday evening found me bobbing my head, raising my hands and singing joyfully in the Patriot Center at a Israel Houghton concert. I was sitting at a strange angle with those poles at an unavoidable spot. I'm sure the m_stery l_tters will n_t tickle your brains much.

God is the essence of my life but music has the effect of crowning it all. In moments of worship, I feel one with God. I feel like this is where I belong, everyday. Every moment. All the days of my life. It will be a full time occupation when I get to heaven but while I'm here on earth, I got stuff to attend to and some how worship should be woven into my daily routine.

I try to be a good wife but I slip often and my Sam takes it in stride (bless his heart). Two Sunday's ago, I pulled out all the stops and made him a sumptuous breakfast (they are rare like that). It looked good and tasted great too. Mich exclaimed, "wow! mummy, this looks nice" (mind you, he is not very generous with his applause). I scored highly. But quite apart from the gratitude they expressed, my heart was elated. I felt a sense of purpose. This is what I was created to do. I get a similar feeling when I'm worshiping. Then it dawned on me, that through loving my husband and taking care of my family, I'm worshiping God. As simple as that. Right in that moment, I'd heard the sermon and sang the praise - that was church right there.

Living in the DC, worship artists come often. So here are some pictures from the Houghton concert and DC fest early last month. Can't wait to see Toby Mac in December.
Israel

Israel, telling guys to worship passionately so that the babes can notice :-)

Key board player, Israel and the new breed

The New breed

Drama boy - Israel Houghton and the New breed


MercyMe crew

Brandon Heath

Mac Powell, lead singer Third Day
Bart Millard, lead singer MercyMe

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport