Frozen tonight


We have been shipped to Wa-laska, that is Washington + Alaska.
Got on my jacket, my tights and 2 layers of socks, perhaps I should put on my gloves too and no I'm not outside, just getting ready for bed that's all.
To save energy and keep the bills low, the heat is set at a fixed temperature in this house - gives layering a whole new meaning.
The current temperature is 17 degrees Centigrade/1 degree Fahrenheit. My word! If this still doesn't make sense, try to recall the episode in Didi's comedy show where while conducting the orchestra he froze solid. Its cold like that except we don't have the snow. The wind is moving at a speed of 17 mph.The gushes are so strong it sounds like rain pelting the house. The thought that there are people on the street in these temperatures makes me want to cry. If this is the night the authorities choose to cut off electricity for non payment, plead for mercy.
And then NWS Boston tweets "Enjoy the mild temperatures, it goes down hill into tomorrow"
Ok!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport