Ordered Steps

Zion Springs

Too busy, too loud, too hustled. Life was too much like we say back home. I sunk, drowned in the pit of chaos and noise all around. In my home, on the street, in my head. There was a deep seated desire to press the mute button, more like the pause button, better yet just switch off.

Could this be a sign of aging? The need to slow down, to turn down the lights for a while? Grandma smeared mud on her window panes, she sealed off one square at a time. She said there was too much light coming into her room. Here I was making a similar complaint. Electronics, screens, car engines, people … aah!!

“I need to go away for a while” I told my husband. Without asking many questions he helped me find a hide out somewhere in the woods of Lees burg.
I packed my bags and was on the road the next morning.


I branched off onto the graveled road, the trees were taller and closer together, the farm land spread out for miles, horses munched on hay outside barns. Sheep looked like little clouds moving in the distance. I knew I had picked the right place. The house felt cozy, like a rich uncle’s home. I was shown up to my room. As I walked up the stairs I hoped not to come down for a year until it was absolutely necessary. If only we humans could hibernate too perhaps we would be less grouchy.



Theme song that night:

“The voice of God, Almighty Warrior, declaring war. 
Hear His command, you are a chosen generation, 
A mighty force in the land.

All of creation now is waiting 
to see the righteous take their stand; 
moving out in His anointing, 
fulfilling God's eternal plan.”

God is getting ready to do something special but we’ve got to be ready - dressed in the holy armor.
I met the host the next morning at 9:00 am. She’d set the table; scrambled egg, sausage and apple pie. As I sipped on my cup of tea, I asked about her courage to open her home to strangers.
“The seed was planted over 20 years ago by this couple we met at church. They opened their home to us as newlyweds. We stayed there for 3 weeks while they traveled. “
Her husband said “God has called us to community, to breaking bread and sharing life. It’s not about hierarchical leadership in the church but communion and living just like the disciples did in acts”

Acts 2:46 – 47 “…They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people.”

Not only did they feed my body, they fed my spirit as well. The chances that I would end up in a home of a believer were so slim, it had to be a divine appointment.
I was blessed, refreshed and renewed.

Always remember, your steps are ordered by God. Take that into 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport