How Stories Mushroom


As I crossed the street this morning something caught my attention.
A space craft? A little tree in a sea of green grass? A sombrero (Mexican hat) sprouting from the earth?
No!
A mushroom! Ebaale! Obutiko!
Scientific name - Amanita phalloides also known as the “death cap”. One cap has enough toxins to kill a human being. It is one of the deadliest mushrooms in the world.

Interesting how some things in life can be so alluring and yet so deadly.
But oh! The detail took my breath away.
That God would attend such detail to this stray fungus that just pops out of the ground when it rains? You Guys!!
How much more vested is He in you and me – creatures created in His likeness?

Now about how I captured this angle. Let’s just say the employees in the building across the street must have been like – “yup! She’s lost it for sure!”  Did I mention I was in a dress? Yeah!
And that is how stories mushroom in my little world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport