A trip to Washington

About two weeks ago, Sam Mich and I travelled to Washington, Reverend and Michelle had come in from Uganda and we wanted to see them before they headed back.

Meeting friends and family here is so exciting, you get to hear lots of stories, I feel like they have brought a piece of home with them when they come. We were able to talk about things that are familiar to natives and ... well, it's a bit hard to explain, it's just great.




One of the other things I was really excited that we were able to do was visit the head quarters of my former place of work. I guess it was not at the best of times especially since the President Paul Wolfowitz was being asked to resign.

Security was tight as usual, we had to go through all these machines, Steven had to explain we were his visitors. We had our pictures taken for identification and so on and so forth. I was truly a stranger, meanwhile back home I was the one who made sure every one who came to the Bank country office was checked, they would have to identify themselves and who they had come to see via speaker phone and this was before they came in the door. So it was definitely interesting that this time I was the one being checked.

The World Bank offices are huge, several floors and several blocks too, we were told that people do get lost in the buildings, especially the staff who are visiting from other country offices.




It was a Friday so there not that many people in the building at the time, which was good because then we were able to get a nice tour of some places.

I took some pictures, just in case I don't get to work with them again at least I will be able to say I went to the headquarters, and I have proof hehehe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport