setting limits

I've been thinking about life, (hmm! that sounds very intellectual), any way I was thinking about life and how we live by setting goals, with the purpose of hitting the mark hook or crook.

By eighteen I should have had my first boy friend, by twenty five I should be married, by this time I should have a job and a promotion shortly after. I don't know what your goals are but I just find it interesting the way God shuffles mine around.
I'm learning the joy of living in uncertainty just knowing that God is the only certain part of it all.
I know for the most part, well at least in some other peoples lives He allows things to work out exactly the way they plan. You know, by thirty they are married, have kids, have earned their degrees and are working at a top position in a prestigious company. That's good and all, the only problem is the confidence is all in self, feeling like they have accomplished all this by themselves (well not all but some).
My experience has been different and full of surprises, "adventure" seems to sum it up. Right now I'm walking a road with just enough light for the next step, I have dreams that are growing bigger every day, just how I will accomplish them is something else all together.
Last year I was in the mode of "I've got things figured out" this will happen, then at this point this should happen and somehow I expected God to tag along.
This year He is teaching me to take one step then wait for instructions, sometimes instead of taking the next step forward (which is the natural thing to do)I have found curtains with lots of different surprises behind them, then I realise the road leads in a totally different direction. I'm tempted to tell Him, "wait a minute, I think we are going the wrong way, it's supposed to be the other way". When I'm stubborn and try to show Him what I'm talking about, He lets me go on and sure enough I come running back.
So I think setting limits is good but we should not be too bent on them because we will get consumed by getting what we want and miss out on even better things.
Isn't it wonderful to know Jesus?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport