Back in Kampala

It’s good to be back.

I’m drinking in every moment of my stay so far. It’s been quiet and I’m loving it that way, for now.

Can’t get over how dusty this land is, my my!! I was just wondering how we manage. It’s nice to see people all dressed up, ladies in white shoes, white dresses, white this and the other. Mich on the other hand has to have a change of clothes every few hours and that is not mentioning his snickers which used to be white – people this is only day 5, hardly a week. That said, Uganda is a beautiful country, dust and all – by the way is this what they call reverse culture shock?

I love the weather, it’s just right, everything – sun, wind, rain in the right moderation's, or maybe I have been spoiled by the harsh weather in Philly/Dallas.

So, what’s new? Quite honestly there doesn’t seem to be that much, everything is same old, same old, same old and dusty.

Yeah there are a few new buildings here and there and some still under construction, but then again it’s too early for me to make conclusions because I haven’t even seen half of the city.

Can you believe on day three I got hijacked to lead worship at KPC North? - my life! But its fun especially the part of leading people into God’s presence, there is no leave this kind of job.

Mich can’t believe his new found freedom, he can walk out of the house without being policed. Bonding with everything, the soil, the dogs, the goats e.t.c are now second nature to him.

Banange, now there is washing clothes anti there is no machine – Life can be complicated.

But it’s also nice to be able to hang things out on the line in the fresh-air-dust. For a change I don’t have to put clothes on the dryer. I’m not sure which one I prefer, the machine that does an ok job or hand washing. I would certainly be happy to have some one do the washing, that would be the best.

The mosquitoes are certainly happy to see us, I hope we can keep free of malaria.

By the way, I didn’t talk about our final days in Philly, there was a lot going on quite apart from the fact that we had to clear the house and that included the Internet connection.

Had a good flight home, man! the hours in the air were many, long, but I must say traveling with an older child makes all the difference. Mich is a whole new person if I’m to compare this with the little rascal I came with two years ago, remember?, the time I nearly pulled out my hair because the kid was driving me nuts?

This time round, he knew to lead the way, carry his own bag, get seated and buckle up his seat belt – fantastic. It was even better that it was all three of us, Sam, Mich and I.

We were welcomed at the airport by family- Mother, brothers, sisters, their husbands and wives and kids. You know, “there is no place like home with your family around you are never alone, if you know that your loved you don’t need to roam, cause there is no place like home”. Sound familiar? I got that from the theme song of 227.

Can’t wait to see my parents, need to head down to Soroti as soon as possible.

More later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport