Different issues

Man man!! Had real issues this morning, got out of bed and found out that there was a power cut.


For the most part it was ok, no need for torches or anything like that but the issue was I couldn’t warm water for a bath. Lighting the charcoal stove takes quite a bit of time and there were no other heat sources that don’t use electricity.
Hmm the things we took for granted in Philly.
Anyway regarding Mich, I could only go as far as brushing his teeth and washing his face, which was a fight on its own.
I on the other hand had to get used to the idea, I thought about it long and hard, hoping that while I was thinking the electricity would come back on. Well, your guess is as good as mine, it didn’t.
So, I opened the tap and filled up the basin, then checked just one more time to see if electricity was back, sadly there was no change.I slowly got into the tab and felt the water with my hands, it reminded me of the water temperatures in winter brrrrrrrr chilly.


I braced myself, I knew I had to do it, I just had to. Lathering myself was ok, it was washing off the soap that had me breathing hard. I counted up to three, then splash, "hoo hoo hoo", and again 1 2 3 then splashhhh, "hoo hoo hooooo". After that I was a pro, I showered quickly and was out of the tab.

What has Mich been doing in his spare time? Following Bosco around, helping him clean the compound, getting his clothes all black in charcoal – supposedly helping light stoves.
The most recent was decorating Moms gate with some of the art designs he was taught in preschool.












May be it was too plane for his liking, thankfully it could be cleaned off so I made sure he did the honors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport