Goings on

I'm still feeling lost even after being home for a month, somehow I haven't found my footing yet. There just seems to be a lot going on everywhere that I somewhat feel disorganised. I miss the quietness in Philly (how ironic), but at least I was able to put my thoughts together and know where Mary was at. I was so in touch with myself.
Well some one mentioned that maybe the fact that I'm not in my own home adds to the unease and may be I'm still in the reverse culture shock phase.
It's still good to be home non the less.

I haven't been able to meet many of my friends yet and I guess that's good because I get to meet them one by one. I have met a few so far and I was just sharing with Becca that I thought I went through quite a bit in Philly but sitting down to talk with my friends almost every single one of them has been close to tears because they too have had some rough patches. I like the fact that we are able to understand one another, even though the situations are different, the trials are the same. It's wonderful to know that when everything is shaking we can hold on to Jesus the solid rock. I'm thankful that He is the common denominator so to speak, we all run to Him and find ways of empathising and encouraging one another.

My pastor Becca is visiting from Philly and Sam and I are happy to show her around. Having been away for two years doesn't help because it turns out that we are learning some of the changes together. I wish I was more familiar with the joints than I am then maybe she would have an even better time.
I'm sure she will have lots of stories to tell about her trip to Uganda- our crazy traffic, dusty roads, motorcycles, little kids staring at her and calling her 'muzungu' (white person). The other day we were walking up the road when a little girl run up to Becca and gave her a big hug. That was interesting. The mother was speechless.
Man! Becca hasn't even met our friends, hmmm! she might have to make another trip to Uganda the way things are going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport