Assuming

"Hi Mary, it's good to see you .... when are you going back?"
"How are the children? .... only one? I thought they were two... Mich needs someone to play with..."
Without exaggeration this is how most conversations have begun since I got back. Then I wonder, "who says I am going back?", "even if I am, why don't you just enjoy the time I'm here for?, "who says I don't want other children?" "do you know whats been going on?".
I concluded that people are very presumptuous. The only person who asked an open ended question was Pastor Doug, he said "Mary are you here for a visit?" I found that a lot warmer.
Meanwhile some of the church folk are considering calling Sam and I in for counselling because we don't have other children. Sometimes these remarks can be very insensitive. I thank God that he healed me and helped me deal with giving back Nziiza and Kwizera other wise it would feel like they are touching sore spots.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear that people have been presumptuous and not as sensitive as they should be. May our Father turn even these things for good.
    Love,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:28 AM

    Hi Mjay,

    Been a while...shame about the presumptions but I couldn't helpbut laugh at the invite to pray for you. LOOL.

    Hope you have a smooth adjustment.

    Maya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport