Been chilling

35 weeks today, woo hoo!

And what have I been upto? you may ask. Well, I have been partying: had a 3 day office retreat in the beautiful Lake Victoria Serena hotel - just off Entebbe road. Celebrated Sam's birthday and our 9th anniversary- went to the movies, then took a boat ride the next day to Buwunga and spent the day with MTN friends. Hosted family to lunch and tea at home and now am just chilling. My work contract is up, hopefully it will be renewed in the next financial year - July ..., in the mean time I will prepare for the debut of our little bundle of joy.
My comfy room at Lake Victoria Serena Hotel


A nice view
Team building

Tree house in the distance

Buwunga sunset.

I'm feeling good! Still have lots of energy, actually sitting home is cramping my style. I would have loved to work till the last day. I have put on quite a few pounds. Even on a healthy food, the weight piles on like I'm on a junk diet. I look forward to shedding this weight or rather it dropping off. I miss drinking soda, wine and eating french fries, cakes, doughnuts ... that is not to say I haven't fallen off the wagon from time to time but I have endevoured to steer clear for the most part. I must confess that I have been guilty of taking coffee lately, that aroma is irresistable.
Next week the stitches will be removed. I don't know what to expect from then on. When I asked the doctor if I would have to be on bed rest, he found my question funny. So, apparently not, life continues and we wait for the signs which should come sooner or later.

I'm excited! Looking forward to this baby. I wonder what he/she looks like - a whole new person is coming into the world, unique in everyway - that is exciting. It feels like being a mother for the first time - 6 years since I had a baby. I pray it all comes back to me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport