Not yet

I went for my scheduled appointment last Monday ready to have the stitches removed but Dr. Alex decided against it. He said I should give it 2 more weeks. He thinks baby is still small and not quite ready to see the world. I was disappointed. I really wanted the stitches out so that I could go on my way without worrying about what would happen if labor started and they were still in. I thought I would have a better chance of a natural delivery if the baby was small plus I didn’t think I would have the baby immediately anyway. But the doctor knows better and now, I’m good with it. I prayed about it, I know God will work things out beautifully.


Sitting home makes the hours tick by really slow, but it is nice to sleep in. My bags are packed and I’m looking forward to this new chapter in our lives. This period allows me time to pray over the baby, over the delivery, and life thereafter, for quick healing, for energy, for good health and so on.

Mich stays a few more hours at school to get some help with his writing. Apparently writing makes him really miserable. When I spoke with his teacher she said, he is quick to grasp what is taught, happily answers questions, but the writing sessions are torture. She was pleasantly surprised that he passed his exams so well. This weighed me down for a while but after I prayed about it, the burden was lifted. I have to keep in mind that he is an individual with strengths and weaknesses. (Even though I can’t recall having choices when I was a kid; we all did everything without ifs, ands or buts). He is easily excited by outdoor activities, he will catch insects and name the parts, plant seeds and watch them grow but please don’t ask him to draw or write sentences. If everything at school was play and orals he would be top of the class, unfortunately life is not a straight line. He has to embrace everything before he can narrow down and he has a long way to go. Tuesday was sports day at school and he won a medal for coming 3rd in the 3 legged race. I am really proud of him.

In the mean time I enjoy my birthday today and thank God, another year is here and I am excited about what He has in store for me.

Comments

  1. Awwww...HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I think some kids are drawn more to actions rather than writing on paper. You can tell what career a child will possibly go into by this, I guess. Although I'm not a master at studying kids or anything. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday...

    and the way you are considering the future is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am late to the party but happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mary! Happy Birthday! I pray too that you would have lots of strength for the delivery of your little one, and lots of patience and love after he/she is born.

    Love ya!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks people, appreciate the wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport