UNSTITCHED

I saw Dr. Alex on Monday. He invited me in, asked me to lie down and as I shut my eyelids tight-tight, occasionally peeping to see what was going on, ready for the worst pain of my life, he said he was done.
That’s it? The stitches are out? OK!

He asked me to report back in 2 weeks incase labor hadn’t kicked in.

Like I said before, I was not sure what to expect. Would I go into labor the minute the stitches were removed? As soon as I walked out the door? In the car? Would we have to dash right back as soon as we got home?

Well, none of the above ensued. I’m still here, walking around like before. The stomach contractions (Braxton Hicks) are on and off. For a while there I was anxious, listening and feeling for anything unusual.
I have decided to relax, am certain that if real labor sets in I will know for sure. The baby is dropping steadily, I look like I swallowed the world cup ball – speaking of which, pole Ghana! You did your best but football is like that – madness!

In other news, Mich presented me with the most beautiful assortment of flowers this morning.


In case of any news I will keep you posted, now back to the studio.

Comments

  1. I like it when husbands give their wives flowers. Praying for a safe delivery for you when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaycee, how kind and thoughtful of you. PS: Mich is my 6 year old son :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh mich, so sweet... they can be so good for us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport