It hurts.

Have you ever made a decision that you nearly regret?
At first it seems the obvious thing to do but things go wrong and regret sets in. Why is it simply done by others and when my turn rolls around I face obstacles?
I know it’s not nuclear physics, it's life, but right now, it hurts.

I had Amani’s ears pierced on Saturday. I was told this was the perfect age, she would heal a lot quicker - I thought yeah! This is the thing to do.
I gained the courage to pierce mine at about 22 years of age and I didn't wish I had done it sooner but I thought she would thank me for this.
Took her to the salon and within a few short minutes we were done. Only problem was the guy who did the job didn’t mark the spot so the ear holes were not anyway near identical. One was much further up than the other.

Now, I stand at cross roads;
Should I let it pass? - this would be her special mark. She would be different:-)(I’m not sure I would be in her good books though).
Should I go back immediately and have her pricked again?
Should I allow time for this one to heal then do it again?
My insides are boiling. Why should my little girl suffer because some guy did a crappy job? But again, I exposed her, so he is not entirely to blame.

Comments

  1. it happens...
    For a Boy parents have to choose when to take him for Medical circumcision (ive hahad with the spelling but to hell),which is a boys worst odeal.Mothers never know if the surgeon will do it right or not.But just incase it is...then it is a blessing to the Boy.
    stuff happens...nevertheless you did well.all the best Mjay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Robyn.
    Was thinking the same thing. I have experience with both sexes, so now I compare notes.
    Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RUKUNDO3:15 PM

    Bambi sweet gal..eehh..why dint you whack the ki-guy?? but that could be a disguised difference from all others..

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww hun...
    She may thank you later on in life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport