HAPPY EASTER

Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live


There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
Easter is my favorite Christian festival. It is the reason I live today. Christ’s mind boggling love and obedience to His father brings me to my knees in awe and adoration. The cross is explosive, it’s potent, it’s life changing. The blood that Jesus shed changed the course of history and changes our lives to date. It hasn’t caked, it hasn’t ebbed, it is fresh, warm and throbbing with love.

When I think about the cross and its power, my insides tremble and I cry in reverence, not so much because Jesus felt pain but because of what His death means; The power of life that emerged from His death, The Life that we live because He died.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand
There is joy, an incomprehensible peace, a wonderful confidence that I live in. It is not tied to circumstances around me - whether in pain and sorrow, or happiness, there is that deeply seated peace in my gut. That even on the road marked with suffering, even when there is pain in the offering, I can still whisper “Blessed Be Your Name”.

“Friends” deserted me, I have been insincere, the church has failed me (I can’t depend on an institution), I have been disappointed to know Christians have taken bribes. I have seen marriages fall apart and I hurt, I hurt so bad, but for some reason beyond me, I’m not shaken, I know everything in the world is fleeting BUT GOD! He is my fallback position no matter what.

On Christ the Solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand


No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand
And as He stands in victory
Sins curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

Whatever burden you carry
Whatever dream is in your heart, whatever vision is in your mind
Bring it to the cross, LAY IT DOWN
Rest a while.

Look around and pick up the parcel inscribed with your name. There is a parcel with your name, you might need to stay longer, look a little harder but don’t be frantic. Take your time, sometimes is not about picking your parcel but about the time you spend there. God wants to love on you, run His fingers through your hair, give you a bear hug, caress you under the chin, and raise your chin up so He can look into your eyes.

Even if there is no parcel, He wants you to be okay with it. To be confident in His love, that you know Him enough to believe He has a good reason, He is working it out, He didn’t forget.

Dream without Restraint

Pray without Restraint

Love without Restraint

Ask without Restraint

If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:31

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37- 38

Happy Easter!!!

Comments

  1. Mary,
    Happy Easter! Praise Jesus! He is an amazing God.

    How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter.
    I hope and pray that i learn to define my self through Jesus.Thank you for this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn, I say Amen to that.
    Valerie, I'm doing great! got some news for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport