Seasons of life

Summer is almost over, the leaves are green with tints of brown around the edges. It rains from time to time but the sun is steadfast.This marks the first year since we relocated.

It feels like we have been here a lot longer. We are adjusted for the most part. I have learned to work faster and cook simple meals. I'm told there are 2 magic kitchen tools I need to get and I'll be set - a rice cooker and a crock pot.
I've let go of certain battles, if I ask a certain young man to take a shower and he wets his hair for inspection, I don't sweat it.

It's been a quiet summer with people traveling on vacation. Office has been sparsely populated but people are trickling back. Most conversations center around summer vacation destinations.
4 years ago, Uganda was my dream destination, I yearned to return. I'd listen in envy as friends recapped their travel episodes. I missed the food. I laughed and listened intently to the latest news on the streets of Kampala. Now, I simply smile, I'm not desperate to make the trip, what used to be so dear is paling. I would love to see family but with technology, the ache is bearable - the yearning hushed for a period. I want to see and experience other parts of the world; Tuscany, Spain, France, maybe in that order.
Seasons of life, I believe that's what they are called.

This past weekend was awesome! I had a full house for the entire weekend. Five adults, 1 teenager, 2 tweens and a toddler, great stuff!
We had fun - something about being with family, no pressure to impress or fuss. The silence was comfortable, the laughter was loud. The guys visited museums, the ladies went shopping.

Enjoying the simple things in life.

Comments

  1. For a second there i had read "a crack pot". Now thats something u definitely dont want. Time flies, sounds like u sure settled in well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Wendal! With 2 kids and my crazy work schedule, I tell you that crack pot is very tempting :-)but we both know better right?! Jesus sorts me out just fine.
    Yeah! we are settled into a good rythm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport