Casting Crowns - Acoustic Session

I fueled the car, set my GPS and drove over 70 miles to the little town of Williams port in Maryland.The fear of venturing so far on my own was overcome by the passion for my No.1 gospel band; Casting Crowns, The Acoustic Session, Live.

I took the dive when I found out they would be some place reachable and it was well worth it.
Casting Crowns is a contemporary christian rock band birthed out of youth ministry. Their songs, mostly written by lead vocalist Mark Hall, are strung around his walk with God and relationships with the young people he mentors. I like that they are relevant, they know how to organize a nice piece of music that not only leads one to dance but also draws hearts to worship.


The lyrics to their songs are often right on cue, like warm rays of sunlight on a cold and windy day.
Once I was mourning with an in-law/friend  who had just lost his mother, when "... I will praise you in this storm, I will lift my hands, You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in Your hands You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this stormseemed most appropriate.

When I questioned events in my life and wondered how God was working, I was encouraged to hear "...But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth
"


By 6:30pm, I was seated and ready for the concert to begin. When they walked on stage I was screaming on the inside, my heart was doing curt wheels. I was out of breath but I managed to clap in a dignified fashion, never mind that in a mass of a few thousand white faces, black people like myself could easily be spotted. I didn't want to add my black madness to the already unique situation.














I loved that over and above the fun and worship, Mark pointed us to Jesus and encouraged us to "Come to the well". We are like empty holes and only Jesus can satisfy continuously and completely.


At 10:00pm I was on the road again, content with time well spent and praying for journey mercies back to my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport