To be a girl or a boy, is that the question?

The human race has officially lost it!
It is time to go home! The longer we stay on earth, the more warped we become.

We are intelligent beings, evolving, creating and improving our lives. However we are prone to go off at  tangents that live us primitive once again.
When a man confidently declares that "Gender has some fluidity" and listening crowds nod in agreement, that is the moment I conclude that life as I knew it has changed for ever. When the fundamentals of creation, the identity of being male and female begin to shake, when doubts challenge the essence of the male and female gender giving room for gray areas, I realize we are in trouble. The thought that gender can be altered leaves my stomach in knots.
Gen 1:27 
   So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.


At the age of 4 I earnestly wanted to be a boy. Nothing felt more right. Inside, I felt like a boy. The energy to kick and be extremely wild brewed within. Freedom from chores and dainty behavior suited me perfectly. I hang out with the boys hoping that perhaps by proxy I would change.I climbed trees and played soccer. I wore pants as often as I could. I liked the idea of being rough and tumble - I still do. But society had rules that shaped me, rules that brought to my conscience that because I had a certain design, I needed to represent that design. I learned that it was not my parents who decided my gender - God did, so I took it up with Him. I thought if perhaps I prayed hard and often enough He would switch the "gear" but I still had accidents using the toilet while standing. Perhaps if I insisted on wearing those pants and keeping my hair short people would forget I was girl and I would be accepted among the boys.In fact the name Mark would have suited me just fine. But the truth of the matter is, it didn't work. I was a girl, I'm still a girl.
 I struggled with my gender and felt frustrated at times but I realized that some "things" were not going to change. God created me a girl and it was final. I eventually grew out of the urge.

Now I'm told it can be surgically fixed. We can raise our angry fists at God and tell Him to be more careful next time. Show Him how it's done. The movies about creating human beings in laboratories are not that strange any more.
So if I took matters in my own hands, is it possible that I could have been that nice guy?. Wouldn't God's handy work have to be undone all the way? And is that possible? Can we become our own creators? Can we change spirit, mind, soul and body? Is body just a frame and the essence of a human being the soul?

I love being a girl. God planned my life to the last detail; I married a nice young man and I am the mother of two awesome children. HAPPY WOMENS DAY by the way.
Would that have happened if I insisted on correcting "God's error"?  Showing Him He in fact didn't know what he was doing creating me a girl?. If I embraced the attitude that " I can do this all by myself", If I asked God to step aside and watch while I handled me, just to give Him a few pointers for His next experiment, I wonder how things would have turned out.

God helped me embrace the beauty of creating me the way I am.
He knit me together in my mothers womb. Before I came into existence, He knew me. So even though I may battle some things, I find rest in surrender. I will not understand everything but I trust that He has my best interests at heart. If I renew my mind in His word and believe He has good plans for me, then I will sit tight and run to Him when my world is spinning. No body understands me the way He does, He created me. And just like car manufacturers recall faulty cars to their dealers, I think we should have a discussion with the manufacturer when we think He has messed up with our parts instead of running to the mechanic.
 The mechanic may patch things up but there will still be lots of car trouble and you will be forever bound to him, let alone the risks of fatal accidents.
The creator may not give you  new parts but He'll help you work with what you have. He doesn't promise perfection and a happy life but He promises to walk with us on this uneven road.To give us what we need, not necessarily what we want, for He knows his creation best.

So when the parents of a 6 year old boy support sex change surgery because he is "trapped" in the wrong body, I fear. I fear for his future, I think he is too young to make such a drastic decision, I think he doesn't have the right to make such a decision in the first place. If he regrets it after puberty will there be a reversal at that point?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport