A Bedtime Conversation



March 29th, 2015

Miss: Mummy please buy for me a new leap pad like yours
Me: The leap pad you have is still good. When you grow up you will be able to buy one like mine.
Miss: But I'll just be a police
Me: Even police can buy nice things
Miss: I will just decide who stays and who goes
Me: (Cracking up). But I thought you wanted to be a builder and a cooker
Miss: Yes, but I have to learn all those things... and I don't even have a drivers license. (tears in her eyes)
Me: Don't worry when you grow up you will learn all you need to know
Miss: But it takes a long time. I want to learn to drive now.
Me: You need to be at least sixteen to drive.
Miss: But can't I learn at six?
Me: Well you won't be able to hold the steering wheel and step on the peddles because your body is still growing.
Miss: Is Mich old enough to drive?
Me: No, he is not yet sixteen either

Her face brightens up, we say our good nights and she lays down her head to sleep.
Aha! The troubles of a little heart :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport