My First Photo Exhibition with International Photographic Society


Booklet with Photographer bio's.

I’m taking part in a photo exhibition with the International Photographic Society (IPS). It's my first exhibition and hopefully the first of many more. IPS comprises members from the IMF and World Bank and gulp! I’m a part of it.

I'm exhibiting 3 photos: 2 on the theme of Still life and 1 on people.

Saturday morning was spent setting up, measuring, pinning and aligning. One gentleman seemed to know what he was doing so I sought his help. He obliged. He picked up his measuring tools and came to my section. I asked if he had exhibited before he said no but he’s always hanging pictures in his house, so he knew what to do.

This gentleman was the IMF representative in Uganda a few years ago. He measured the top, the side, the bottom and I was delighted to say the least.

Photo 1- Party time: Was taken at my parents 50th wedding anniversary. It has some of my favorite people in the whole world.
Photo 2- Tinsel and lights: This was one of the first pictures I took with the tripod Mr. O got me for Christmas.  ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

Photo 3- Music and mood: I attended my first live India Arie concert, Mr.O stayed home to watch the kids. His sacrifice to make his wife happy means a lot.

Grand opening of photo exhibition

Comments

  1. Amazing!! Well done...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sister. Your encouragement and support is appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:15 PM

    Really proud of you Mary! May God use you to His glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and amen! It is indeed my prayer. Thank you my dear.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:03 PM

      Here's to the beginning of many more exhibitions. I see big huge photos that would cover a whole wall! - Kimuli

      Delete
    3. Girlfriend, you have no idea. That right there is my dream. Thanks for the faith Kim, it will keep me going.

      Delete
  3. Well done Mary.
    So proud of you.
    So sure this is just the first of many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much "Kyasuba". I'm encouraged by your support. It means a lot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport