A "passionate" story

I walked into a Giant Supermarket the other day and saw dark purple bulbs that looked like passion fruits. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I looked closer and indeed they were passion fruits.


We celebrated like we had found a gold mine. I scooped the core clean, leaving no seed to waste. The result was just right. We savored every last drop.



“Don’t drink it too fast. Take little sips, then think about something else. Then when you remember it’s there you’ll be very excited and it will be fresh again.” No prizes for guessing who said this. My little girl on the other hand could not believe we could make juice at home.

Spare a thought for us when you next drink this passion at leisure (for those of you, especially my friends in Uganda). 


Did you know its scientific name is “Passiflora edulis”? Well, just in case.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport