My Girls

About a year and a half ago God brought some three ladies into my life, certainly well worth it. It's not like I didn't know them before then, I did but some how I think God brought them closer for that time in my life.
I met Sheila way back in 1995 when she was in charge of the dance group for the Christmas cantata, she was such a bully, as in if she didn't like you chances were very slim that would be considered. I was lucky I got into her good books, we danced together and were also in the choir but life led us down different paths from that point.
Then there is Flash, let me just say we literally knew each other from our nappy days. Okay maybe that is stretching it but on a serious note we were in the same class from primary one to seven. We went to different schools after that and met again in church several years later. This time she was in charge of the choir, ho! serious woman I tell you.
As for Ed, she is one of those people whom you just find in your life and can't quite mark the time you met. I actually think we met in choir apart from her being friendly and outgoing we had a few friends in common.
I'm sure by now you have noted that we are all in the choir. On that scene, Sheila is a worship leader, Flash sings soprano, tries alto sometimes but lets just say we keep that to practice times because..... Ed is the alto very strong and clear and yours truly was the tenor.
Now that Easter is round the corner I remember the times of intense practice, all the new songs we had to listen to and learn while at work just so we got our parts right.
Practice with the choir almost every evening, I appreciated Sam more and more because he allowed me to be involved and he knew it was something I loved to do.

I remember once we led worship for almost three months in a row, we were Sheila's backup's much of the time and she loved the song "For all you've done", the chorus lyrics were "you lived, you died, you rose again on high...." we sung this song like 500 times. The next rotation Pastor Doug asked us to back him up and he loved the song that had the chorus "you lived, you died, you said in three days you would rise, you did, your alive". Can you picture the drama we had having to unlearn Sheila's favourite?, they had different tunes but it was so easy to slip into one instead of the other. The band was not helpful knowing that we got all confused they teased us alot on the intro's but it was all fun.

The girls came home once or twice for practice and Sam was happy to have them around, I guess that goes to show how nice their company was.
We celebrated birthdays together and at times it would be a bunch of girls then two guys Sam and Bash, that was fun.

Flip the page again to the girls as my buddies, my! their energies were on an all time high, it was interesting to see them excited, screaming, jumping, dancing, I was usually a note off because all I did was smile. They didn't say it but I'm sure they wondered what was up with me.
Sheila was the passionate one, she was 101% into what ever she put her heart to especially regarding her relationship with God. I loved the way she would worship God like it was just the two of them even when the congregation was looking on like "what on earth is she talking about?". I can't miss the fact that she is very very very stylish, always on top of the latest fashion and hair styles. She was a great resource for some of us, I'm sure Flash would agree. Hehehe, Sheila was also the Blondie, well she said it her self, for example, Ed would crack a joke and then labour to explain the joke and then she would get it like a day later (well something like that).
Flash was the hardworking one, very committed to her duties. She is very dedicated and serious about life which makes her look tough for those who don't know her. Of course for the rest of us who know her, she is fun loving, can be naughty at times and she certainly loves God. She is the kind of person who if told to jump she would ask how high?
Ed was the intelligent one, very precise and accurate with every thing she did, very dependable too. Tell her to be at a place at 2:00am and she would be there at the strike of 2 or even 1:58am like she said. She was usually the life of the party, had lots of stories to tell, jokes to crack and information about almost everything.
If you asked Ed to jump she would first think, if all was well she would ask how high and then jump higher than you asked. Other times she would tell you how that is not the sport she had planned for the day, or tell you how faulty the measurements were and for that reason she wouldn't jump and there was no changing her mind.

These ladies were no angels and I guess that's what made them so much fun to be around, they were real and spoke honestly about their struggles. They respected the fact that I was married but it didn't affect the way we related.

And now for the quacks, Flash was like Chipper Adams (Rally driver) on the road, hung on to your seat belts everybody. Sheila was a little worse, she was Chipper Adam's squared. You would wish the seat belt would wrap round twice because she didn't know what pot holes were.
As for Ed, she was just annoyingly clever, she would say things that would leave our heads spinning for a bit then wonder what was wrong with us (Sheila was an exception).



And that ladies and gentlemen is all about my girls, just thought I would say something about them. I miss them a lot and when that happens I resort to writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport