Wharton Welcome Weekend

Finally I can say I'm through with the Welcome weekend, it's been busy, it's been fun, it's been great! For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, sometime last year I was nominated to represent the kids club at the schools "new admits week". Here are some of the students I was working with clubs.wharton.upenn.edu/welcome/students.html
When we got our ID cards the other day I was impressed with my title, Mary Ongwen, Committee Chair, '08. The last three weeks involved attending meetings once every week, there were times I wasn't up to it but knew I had to be there especially considering that we received emails the day before reminding us how mandatory these meetings were.
I made some good friends through out this period, especially colleagues in the Partners Club. See, the Kids Club and Partners Club are separate the basic difference being we have children and they don't. It was a nice time to exchange ideas and work together






We had a Q and A panel session where we could share our experiences moving to Philly and life as parents and partners to students. Then we had time for the admits to ask questions.
We also had a club expo, where we talked more about our clubs, what we did, membership e.t.c
It's been intense but now that it's over I'm kind of missing the action. Hopefully I will find something else to keep me occupied and challenged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport