Year 1 down

I'm really excited and privileged to say we are about to say goodbye to year 1 at Wharton. Classes are over at the school, that means no more lectures for the 1st years and 2nd years are wrapping up and waiting for graduation.
It feels great to say 1st year is over, I kind of feel like the student here and in many ways I have been a student. There has been a lot I got to learn in this year, it's not to say I will not be learning any more but I can say that I'm a little bit on top of things. I can talk with authority when sharing my views with the new admits soon to be 1st year students.
With all of the intensity that was wrapped up in the first year I can say it was great. Culture shock, finding my way around, making new friends, realising abilities I never knew I had, seeing Mich grow, exposing him to greater learning, ... there is a lot.
Getting to experience God in a whole new and intimate way, giving of my time unreservedly in ministry, seeing another dimension to my relationship with Sam, appreciating my country, friends and family more, like I said there is a lot.
Realising I don't have to be employed to make life meaningful, that the small things of life like seeing Mich make friends, being there to answer the many questions he asks (some of which leave Sam and I speechless at times), listening day by day as he begins to adopt the accent of the kids around, they make all the difference. Daily routines of giving him a bath, making breakfast, finding fun things for him to do, sitting and watching his favourite cartoons with him, seeing his personality get molded and praying to God for wisdom on how to raise him right ... there is a lot.
Now the challenge a head, moving to a new city (Dallas) for Sam's internship, having to make new friends, finding a church to attend for the three months we will be out there. Looking out for the playgrounds, shopping centers, hoping I can get some local foods (Matooke, Cassava, Gonja ...) to keep me going. Experiencing summer in a whole new way, I'm told it gets really hot in Dallas and if the heat of Philly when I had just come is anything to go by, it's really for praying. Mmhhmm it's a lot.
Thank God He has always shown me that I can find all the answers I need in Him even when I don't see how.

Comments

  1. Congratulations!
    Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in Dallas
    love
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport