Mich starts preschool

We all looked forward to Mich's first day at school, he was excited, so was I and Sam was busy getting ready to head back to school too.
On the morning of the first day Mich wasn't too keen on taking his bath or getting dressed, we had to keep reminding him of what exciting things lay ahead, that got him going.
















It's preschool or should I say play school so we didn't have to get him much, just a school bag and some decent clothes.
When we got to school and entered the class room Mich let go off my hand and went off to play with the toys. There were a few kids here and there crying because their parents had left them and one was throwing a serious tantrum. Mich looked at the boy with a bewildered look of "what's the matter dude, we are in school that should be exciting".
Sam and I hang around to speak with the teacher and see how Mich settled in but honestly he couldn't have been bothered with us.















The teacher was nice, she said we should give him time to settle in, that the first day was usually excited but when they get to realise its a daily thing then they get weary and don't look forward to school anymore, we took that to heart.
We said bye to Mich but really he was more concerned with other things.



















Sam and I went to run a few errands and before long it was time to pick him up.
As we got into the school a little girl came up to me and told me how she spent the morning playing with Mich and then she asked if we came from Africa. I said well, yes, then she said " I come from Africa too", I said "oh really?!, which part of Africa?" then she said " somewhere in the jungle" I didn't pursue the conversation any further partly because she had run along by this point.
Mich loved his first day of school, we got there and found the teacher just finishing a story. The little girl told him we had arrived and when the story was over he came out and we went home.

The next day was a little different, when I went to pick him up he wasn't too excited to see me, he said he was still enjoying school and that I should go back. I'm thinking this is the effect of spending all our time together, poor boy can't stand me anymore. Actually on the third day, when he saw me he begun to cry, the teacher was reading a story and he immediately stopped, "Mich why are you crying?", then his little girl friend moved over from where she was sitting stumbling over other kids to get to him and ask him the same question. I was a little embarrassed to say "it's okay, hehe, he just doesn't want to go home yet".
I'm hoping the teachers don't begin to wonder what goes on at home seeing as the young man doesn't really look forward to leaving and is glad when we drop him in the morning.
Well the other issue is, most kids stay at school the whole day and Mich is only there for 3 hours 9am to 12pm, I guess that makes him feel like he is leaving before he should. I'm not convincing my self, it's the truth.

















I like the free time while Mich is at school, it just flies by so fast that by the time I seriously thinking of using it, it's over and I have to go pick him up.

The bigger thing for me now is praying that Mich doesn't pick up any weird or bad habits at school, that he would be learn and grow, make good friends and keep healthy.

Comments

  1. Mich has got to be the first of his kind!! I remember enjoying school when I was young and all I did was play but when it was time to go home..............nothing could convince me to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:07 AM

    Nice to 'see' Mich on his first day of school, hand in hand with Daddy - yes I saw them on the Blogs!! I have been trying to keep up to date with what is happening around you people. It is always a pleasure for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:09 AM

    Nice to 'see' Mich on his first day of school, hand in hand with Daddy - yes I saw them on the Blogs!! I have been trying to keep up to date with what is happening around you people. It is always a pleasure for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport