Halfway

I mourned MJ longer than I had anticipated ; now, I get up and dust myself off.
When my grand children ask how I got nicknamed "Mjay", I will enthrall them with my tale.
When they say - "Fo shizzle grizzle?" (For sure granma?) , I will delight in humoring them.


'09 has unveiled some over the top events that have left my eyes spinning in my head.

~ The recession turns the tables all over the world upside down.
~ U.S innaugurates its first black president - whoa!
~ Owino catches fire
~ Maddof, fraudster of the century, is exposed by his sons and sentenced to 150 years in jail - He got it coming! "Give us back our money you scammer you!"
~ Air France plane crush;- 228 aboard, 228 fatalities - my heart goes out to the families
~Susan Boyles' becomes an internet sensation in her 40's - Good for her.
~ Mzee Kakamega dies, Mugabe Kaijuka dies, Michael Jackson dies, Billy Mays dies, Farrah Fawcett dies, David Carradine dies... former South Korean president Roh Moo-hyun jumps to his death.
Friends, relatives and neighbors have died - probably not world famous but precious nontheless.

And we are only halfway through the year, what does the second half present?
If its more of the same then, ...

Comments

  1. Lets wait and see what the next half has in store for us.....Hope we sail thru it in a simpler way.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Gabs passed, i didn't sleep for three straight days...
    i hear you Mjay!
    thanks for this post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been such a tough first half.
    Hope the 2nd one offers onloy niceties.

    Mourn till we join all our fallen comrades.


    And how have yu, along with Mitch and taata Mich been?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know reading "Mugabe Kaijuka dies" here just took me back to the day I was told.And it still feels unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what indeed?Spelt out like you have,we can only hope for the best, and take each day as it comes...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport