Notes from Arizona

June 22nd

It’s rejuvenating to escape from the hustle of my mundane life, put my feet up, fold my hands behind my head, take a deep breath, close my eyes and smile. God is good! My life is upside down, I don’t know what tomorrow brings, not sure where I should be at this point in life but in spite of all that, it is well with my soul. From whence my source comes ? – I haven’t the slightest clue. How my life will span out? – I really don’t know. Not that I care less but I can’t deny that this higher power, the force that spoke the world into existence is reshaping my life.




I’m living in a beautiful Hyatt hotel in Phoenix Arizona. I never imagined that I would be persuaded into driving 15 hours to any destination let alone this amazing, desert-ish, cactus infested land. But here we are.
I don’t get to cook a meal for a whole week – awesome!! Feels like an ice cold coke on a blazing hot summer day.
I’m having some serious one on one moments with Mich - aww!
Listening to his articulated thoughts on what he makes of this world, it’s evident that perceptions are already molded: some can be reshaped while others are inscribed.
And so I kneel down to pray –
“Heavenly Father, thank you for this gift, help me to shape and build his little heart for your kingdom. I can not express how daunting the task is, hold my hand for on my own I fail miserably”

Phoenix reminds me of Philly and down town Dallas. It’s smoldering hot, but what’s new?! Arizona is semi desert yet beautiful in the same breath. I love the way they have taken the Rocky Mountains, hard earth, and spiky cactus and created some awesome art. I dream of Karamoja’s potential and what it will look like when it becomes a center of focus or when some rich men decide to invest there (in 416 years time).

The people are almost friendly, they are not stand offs but they are not entirely embracing either. It's ok, I don’t mind.
The city is spread out; there is a lot to see, do and eat. Tourist spots all over the place, we will see how much I can pack into 5 days. Kid’s activities are paramount; I don’t need to explain why.

Comments

  1. I'm also at the point of 'It is well with my soul' even when i dont get what next, i know things will just fall in place.
    Love the photos and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biro - I'm glad I've got company. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 AM

    Hey Mjay,

    Its been a while! Good to know you are having a good time. Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling a mango...hah!!glad u be good...that 'inner peace' state, bliss.capture as many memories for the difficult times

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport