House hunt phase two.

After narrowing our house hunt to 2 locations, we picked the one with easier access to town and to public transport. The house is not ideal, but it works. When I expressed our interest to the landlady’s son, I told him he would never find better tenants; this was his only chance to salvage his mom’s house from disrespectful, filthy, ungrateful tenants. He put in a word for us when his mom got back; 2 days later we met to discuss the tenancy agreement. Madam Landlady was very chatty, being my parents’ age mate she was typically loaded with advice for any young ears willing to listen.
She was articulate about her expectations, but also appreciated our need for privacy and space. I hope it turns into a long term cordial relationship.

We are moving in slowly, should be done by early this week. Eachtime we pass by, the land lady is cleaning something or the other. I'm concerned that house inspections are going to be serious business.
I'm Glad we finally found a place to call home.

Comments

  1. So nice to hear that yu finally found a place to call home in Kla.
    So house warming when? lol

    And now that yo around we hope to see yu for BHH come Thursday 27th.

    Nice stay in Seya's city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jny23 - Hehehe about house warming, you will be the first to know. In the meantime I will try to show up for BHH, after I get over shyness :-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport