Dust and abysses

My page has collected dust and cobwebs these past couple of weeks but I haven't the time to keep it fresh or updated.
I am in over my head; folding and stashing,shopping and packing,discarding and donating.
I have walked for miles in department stores, barely aware of the passing of time - that was the fun part. The stress and strain engulfed me when I had to make trade offs, when my eyes were bigger than my pocket, when I was spoilt for choice, trying (in vain for the most part) to decipher between needs, wants and would be good to haves.
"Now, if only I could have all 3 dresses".
"These shoes are great! and so are those, and these and the others".
"Mich would love this toy, I've got to get him those DVDs,the books are awesome too, what about the arts and crafts?".
"I have just seen the most amazing pillows, they would look lovely in the sitting room, with those curtains,that rug ..."
"Just look at these cooking pots, they would last forever".
"Oh! what about family and friends and relatives?".
This is crazy!! I can't have it all, I don't have the means, oh well.
There is no end to material things, that hole just doesn't fill does it?

Anyway I need to finish packing.

Comments

  1. I know what it's like. The best thing is to go armed with a list and NOT deviating from it, no matter the temptation

    ReplyDelete
  2. the thing about human wants is they are insatiable....but when the brokeness bites, its easier choosing what to have and what to leave behind

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport