Whoa!!

I was on a diet. I tried tucking my tummy in but it bounced right back like a balloon.
It’s the mango season right? So I packed some mangoes for desert but apparently this raised eyebrows. A work mate insisted I had a story to tell, but none that I was aware of. I hadn’t seen the moon though but I figured it was due to changes in the weather and stuff. Curious about the moon’s disappearance,I found the nearest clinic and asked for those little testers. The lady at the reception pointed me to another room in which I found 3 men stacking little parcels into boxes. They were excited to see me, then I felt embarrassed asking for the packets. I kept my hands in full view, to show off my rings, just in case they thought I was doing things illegally.

“Madam, you feel free, for us we are here. You tell us everything”.
That cracked me up.
They took great delight in explaining how to use the little gadget.
“Now Madam, it is simple. When you go to the bathroom, preferably early in the morning, you will put a sample of u…”
“Ok, ok I know what to do”
“Yes, then you wait for at least 3 minutes. When you see 2 lines, it is positive. One line means it is negative and then if you see this line only, it means it’s wrong - you try again”
I paid and I was out of there.
Next morning - I waited and saw “this line only, it means it’s wrong - you try again”
I tried again the next morning and WHOA!!!!!!!


I’m feeling pretty fine.
Any changes so far? Well, my waist line is rounder.

A week later
I’m swamped. I wish I could get some nap time but can’t do much of that in office. Little person is pattering and kicking and flipping and somersaulting. I have headaches from time to time but that is only when I haven’t eaten in a span of 30 minutes. Yeah I have to constantly nibble on something.
My nose is extremely sensitive to the slightest of scents. Each whiff makes single file entry into my nostrils. That means at one moment I can smell all the scents around me and tell the difference. I don’t know if I’m making sense but that is what it is - Agh! Which means, no perfumes for me and please keep your distance if you have one on.

I love all things bland right now, who knew sugarless tea could taste so good.
Rabbits would consider me a serious force to contend with, I nibble constantly – nuts, veggies, fruits, something needs to go down all the time.
I need to take time off work but can’t get round to that just yet,especially since I only begun work a month ago.
Frantically searching for a doctor who can handle my complications. Spoke to Ian Clarke, he referred me to his hospital doctor, so I will probably go to IHK on Saturday.

There. My long explanation for not running the marathon.

Comments

  1. This is great news Mary!!! I am PRAYING for you guys!
    love oyu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim, I need the prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport