24 weeks with a stitch and what to expect

When I first became pregnant in 2004, there was one book that moms swore by. It was expensive, those with copies guarded them jealously. I was told the book had everything an expecting mom needed to know about pregnancy and the title – “What To Expect When You're Expecting” said it all. Although I was never able to get my hands on a copy, I visited the website regularly and I still do. What I appreciate about WTE, (apart from the detailed information on various topics) is the humor. It was easy to get a slight smile on my face on days when I was bloated, when the world has a sick smell or when I couldn't lift my head off the pillow.
There is a wealth of information on this website for ladies trying to get pregnant, are pregnant, have just given birth, have a toddler - the whole nine yards. I just love it.

I’m 24 weeks today!

I enjoy feeling baby’s movements, I love the tap tap tap, the pokes and twirls, smooth and reassuring. Some of the kicks have been alarmingly painful though, the scan showed my cervix is already dilating but thanks to the stitch everything is still intact. It might have to be reinforced but I will only know after my doctor's appointment tomorrow. I’ve got to be extra careful. It's not easy, especially now that I feel energetic and want to do so much. It’s exciting to come this far in my pregnancy - Nziiza and Kwizera didn’t get to this point. I also read that babies have a good chance of surviving from now on.

Baby has an interesting sleep/wake pattern; -he is gyming away at 9:00pm when I'm ready to sleep. 5:30 am, when my alarm goes off, he wakes up. At 20 weeks, the alarm would startle him but now, he is used ; he either wakes just before it goes off or just on time. On weekends, he is my alarm, he wakes up at the same time. Who knew sleep patterns could be noted so early?! Can I reinforce this out of utero?! I wonder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport