God is beautiful

Continued

At 7:04 am on June 5th, Nziiza was born. Nziiza is the attribute of God being beautiful. The nurses asked Sam and I if we wanted to see him and we said most definitely.
They cleaned him up and brought him to us. He was alive, the cutest, He looked just like his dad. I held him in my arms, it was a surreal moment, almost unbelievable.
I felt like I was looking at God Himself, it was as though I left my body and was looking down at me from above.
It was scary, it was awesome, it was heart breaking, it was shocking, it was everything.
You know how you blink and hope you will see something else when you open your eyes?, yeah it was some what like that. I felt like I was in another realm.
I gave him to Sam, we cried and prayed and gave him Jesus.
God's presence was so real in that hospital room, I can not tell you how much. Sometimes words can not do things justice.
At the end of it all I was exhausted, I fell asleep.

I woke a few hours later and oh! how it sunk that it hadn't been a bad dream. I was in hospital and Sam was right next to me. The song that immediately came to mind was ...


"Though the oceans rise and thunders roar, I will soar with you above the storm.
Father you are king over the flood, I will be still and know you are God".
There's a strength I found in acknowlegding God's power.
Then I remembered Andrew. The last Sunday before leaving for Dallas, the Lord had laid it on Andrew's heart that Sam was going through a tough experience or that it would happen in the near future. The encouragement was that God would be with him through it all. That was spooky then.
Now I knew that God saw this coming and sent someone to tell us that He would be there.

The hospital offered to bury Nziiza, we couldn't take his body anywhere anyway. One, we were visiting in Memphis two, we were visiting in Dallas three, we were visiting in Philadelphia. Home was far, far, away. Then they brought us a cute little box that had the very first clothes that Nziiza put on. They included his little hand and foot prints, a few pictures and a card. I remember looking at these things and thinking huh??
Jim and Barbara came to hospital that afternoon, we said a prayer of dedication and they took us home. The next day we said bye to the Pendletons and started our journey back to Dallas. The funny thing is, it felt like that was the very reason for which we had gone to Memphis.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:39 AM

    Mjay,
    Take courage and keep trusting in the lord. This particular post touched me. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Maya. You've got a lovely name too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport