Happy New 2008!

A very Happy Happy New year everybody.
We get to see another year woohuuu!!! How exciting is that?!

I’m thrilled to see what 2008 has in store, just looking at those numbers brings a smile to my face. I think they look splendid together 2 0 0 8, maybe it’s because they are even and I like even numbers.Can you imagine we've closed the chapter to '07? and it's Never coming back again?, wow!
I’m thinking damn! another year down, girl is getting older, but luckily these days they say, 40’s are the new 30’s, 30’s are the new 20’s and my favorite 20’s are the new 10’s.


So the Common Wealth Heads of Government Meeting (what a long title) was a success, congratulations to those who were there to see it unfold, put UG on the map you know?!. That was shortly followed by Ebola but hey, we can't get things good all the time.
‘The Last King of Scotland” , go UG go!! Something else to make the world remember we exist.
I know there are countless things that happened over the year, I'm hoping you had a personal victory/victories of one kind or another.

’07 was a blast for me on different fronts, I can’t enumerate them all here but it was a wonder full year (and by that I mean it was a year full of wonders).
I made new and interesting friends.
My brother, his wife and daughter came to visit me.
We had a wonderful time with Uncle Enock.
I got some good ‘binyebwa’ from home that have lasted quite a while, helped me whip up a quick sauce when I was not too thrilled to cook.
I finally found a supermarket that sells ‘matooke’ yeee!!! and it is not too far away, nice!!
My brother Peter got married, (and so did a number of friends).
I got in trouble with the law regarding my parenting skills.Mich started preschool. He is learning so many new things and is very excited about life. Yeah, we continue to have our fights and many times I’ve been close to pulling out my hair but it’s all good.
Twice I have had near death experiences that had me hospitalized and I survived :-).
Now I know it ain't over until God says it's over.

I think life is like a blank check, you can choose what to eat, where to sleep, what relations to cultivate, heck these days you can even choose what you look like, you choose what to believe in but you can’t choose when to be born or when to die. When you die then what? all the hustle in this life for nothing?!. Surely there has got to be more and I guess that depends on how we use the check, right?!.’08 is here and I’m looking forward to; Sam finishing school, seeing mum and dad again, watching God’s plan for my life unfold, Mich taking a shower and dressing himself… and so on and so forth. That aside I'm constantly reminded, we make our plans but God has the final word.


Make the most of what you've got and live life. HAPPY 2008!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport