Parenting woes

Dear blog/diary

My parenting woes continue.

My little hero just don’t like school . He loves to play, watch cartoons and scare his little sister but the will to write (put pencil to paper to make legible symbols) is like “bad” blood given to an anaemic patient.

What happened to my truthful little pumpkin? Lies fill his mouth like a hungry man attacking his first meal in days. The bible teachings seem to have flown out the window together with all the nice toys - now broken that were bought over the holiday season.
His cutting remarks slice me right down my middle like the sword that led King Caesar into eternal sleep.
His disobedience is so out right almost engraved (I shudder), like a rock. But I must chip at it, one little piece by one little piece.

It’s frustrating.

How do parents love a child into obedience without considering lunatic asylum?
I’m speechless, I need the Holy Spirits intervention to articulate these matters before father God, Romans 8: 26 So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance.

Too deep for utterance!!

I live at the alter for I know not of any other way to raise a human being more so in the ways of the Lord. I try, I slip, I falter and fail. Sometimes I want to bury my head under my pillow and hope that somehow a gentle, God fearing, obedient, loving man will emerge .

Many have written instruction books on how to raise a child and I have read a few. The ideas are brilliant, just when I’m about to scream eureka and run out on Semawatta road in glee, I hit a snug. I’m reminded that I’m dealing with a unique creation, never seen before this; The magic words don’t work, the formula fails, more volcanoes erupt, we get burned, the smell of the ash remains on our frames everywhere we go.
Does God feel this way about me? Do I evoke dirty emotions in Him too?

Comments

  1. Unfortunately, if my own mum were to right a book about parenting, she'd need a different edition revised for each one of us (myself and siblings)!!! And that's the way I see parenting books. Not everything written in is applicable to my kids in whatever particular situation they are writing about. Maybe to one, but not the other.

    Parenting IS a mystery. Remember to have fun solving your little one - if there ever really is such a thing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport