Two Ow One One

I love the sound of horses trotting over paved streets.
I find the firm muscles in their hind legs very captivating, a connotation of strength and power. Just!

Yesterday I was listening to I choose by India Arie off her album Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship. Something in there kept me bobbing my head; it was more than just the beat, I was feeling the lyrics.

(And I choose) to be the best that I can be.
(I choose) to be courageous in everything I do.
My past don't dictate who I am. I choose.

(And I choose) to be the best that I can be.
(I choose) to be authentic in everything I do.
My past don't dictate who I am. I choose.
Because you never know where life is gonna take you and you can't change where you've been.
But today, I have the opportunity to choose.
I used to have guilt about why things happen the way they did cuz life is gone do what it do
And every day, I have the opportunity to choose.

Sam, Mich and I are loving our little bundle of Joy and energy. We added to this incredible mix by naming her Amani (Strength) and so now we have a little mukiga on our hands. Curious George has got nothing on this girl. She would give him a run for his money.
She melts her daddy's heart like butter in a hot frying pan. Monday 6:30am, daddy is on leave and turning over to catch the sweetest end to his sleep, he is pulling the blanket closer when she yells(to cry out with a strong, loud, clear sound) for attention. All groggy and red eyed, daddy turns to give her a sharp look, she wears her cutest, biggest, “Am-I-glad-to-see-you-Daddy smile". He can’t help but explode in laughter. She does it every single time.

Ever heard a baby break into a hearty laugh just before breastfeeding? That just kills me.

Thinking about the New year, I can almost feel grey hairs pushing their way out of my scalp; and the wrinkles, they apply themselves steadily around my eyes. Oi! a girl is growing older, hopefully wiser too.

So, what does 2011 have in store? That my friends’ is the gazillion dollar question.

Took a trip to Jinja for a change of scenery, where I was attacked with writer’s bout. Noto Bueno: A writer must always carry a pen and a note book to avoid the embarrassment of having to use napkins.

Anyway, since the dreaded CC (cost cutting) is still on our lips we took a humble aboard. I’m talking broken toilet seats, cracked remote controls, stained floors, squeaky doors - change of scenery alright. But I loved the fresh air, the sound of birds cooing and chirping; the sound of wind tickling the leaves and the vroom of cars way out in the distance. I could hear Mich playing with bottle tops on the stair case right outside our door. Sigh!

2011, is it just a continuation of 2010? Or something new and exciting?

No matter what, have an Anchor. That steadfast, immovable, all powerful, all knowing, supernatural, I-will-always-be-there Anchor. My personal favorite is the One who knows your life's middle from its beginning,your life's end from its middle and everything in between.

Make your plans, dream big, aim for the sky. Just know satisfaction can’t be fully achieved without His sovereign Lordship in your life.Work hard, give Him your plans, work harder and leave the rest to Him.

HAVE A FANTASTIC 2011

Naturally

Mama Mich

(And I choose) to be the best that I can be… can’t get the song out of my head

Comments

  1. I had never thought of the sound of horses trotting over paved streets..but this has defiantly got me thinking.

    I choose to be the best that i can be ~ now the song cant get outta my head..:) your fault.

    And everyday i have the opportunity to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i co sign with ug girl... got me thinking haaaard..... u n ur family...beautiful scenery in my mind. my nephew laughs all the time, he is such a joy to behold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport