I. You. We – This is our life line.

 This box rules my life.

I’m hooked, it’s hooked; on my belt, attached to my head, in my hand, my pocket, my bag - We are one!

I hate sleep! I get insomniac anxiety - the unbearable separation for hours.

I keep it under my pillow, next to my bed. I reach for it before I say “good morning!” and after I say “good night!”
 
At the train station, waiting for the bus, in the car, the doctors office, waiting to meet a friend – waiting, just waiting …

In those in between moments of life, we humble ourselves, heads bowed in prayer to different gods. While some roll beads and whisper “Hail Mary” I tap the screen as I flip through sites or send a text, and whisper “come on, come on! Faster browser faster!”

I spare a few seconds to glance around hardly noticing my surroundings. I’m more comfortable in my other world. My virtual friends are simply the best! They love me more, they like everything I post and that feeds my want perfectly.

Like experienced swimmers we dive down to the sea bed of the virtual waters, only coming up to breath, to mumble “hello”, open the door or step off the taxi. I drink in a bit of the atmosphere and dive back to the bottom of this endless sea of inventions, statements, news and who thought what!

My life line! - The wires attached to my ear drums, my blood flows through its veins. It calms my nerves, yeah! I smile – just me and the good things in my world.

Don’t!!!

I’m prone to lash out, fly into a feat, shake uncontrollably - my withdrawals are bad like that. When my life line goes flat, I’m dead.

You behind the wires of internet, cell phones and what not, don’t mess! Period

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport