1st week at work, sickness, chaos and such

The wait was excruciating, one week seemed like a month and oh! how the days dragged as I waited for the phone call. Every time my phone rung my heart raced until finally there was an email. You've got the job! I was super excited.
Night before I report for work: Amani throws up and coughs to no end, she finally sleeps.
First day: I was up at 5:30am, jumped on the bus at 6:25am, onto the train at 7:05am,  was at the office by 7:50am. Sam sorted out the kids, got Amani dressed, pushed Mich a long, dropped him off at school, got Amani to day care and rushed off to work.
Turns out they were not expecting me yet (long story). I headed home. Got a call from the day care - Amani was not well at all. God's ways! I'm glad I could pick her up. While she was home taking a nap, I received a message from office asking me to start the next day. Damn!! I was hoping for a free week, especially with Amani sick and stuff. I was beginning to feel sick too.
Next day, I was back on the bus, then the train and so on. Got to office, processed my ID, whizzed through the maze of corridors to my desk, just in time for a meeting where I was asked to take minutes.  My brain was spinning with all the jargon but  I managed to make some sense of it, it helped me catch up on the goings on.
My day was done at 5pm, there was a delay with the train, I got to the day care at 6:30, walked through the crazy cold, got home 6:50pm, went straight to the kitchen, put food on the fire, dashed up to shower Amani (who was slowly improving). This time Sam was all sick in the bathroom - something he ate? or maybe Amani's infection spreading??
Back on the trade mill day 2, same routine. Get home exhausted and thinking wow! Is this going to be my life? is it the adjusting pains?
Then I fell sick too, couldn't get out of bed all Saturday. It must have been something we ate. Mich was untouched though.
I would certainly be glad to have a helper, seriously!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport