Possibilities and questions

Wow! The New year is here!
I enjoyed December thoroughly.

My daily schedule revolved around waking up around 6:40am read 7:00am, taking a bath, dressing Amani up, packing Mich’s snack and making sure he got to school before 8:00am. Amani and I would then walk back home. On warm days we would take a stroll, on cold days we would dash home and have breakfast after which she would look at me as if to say “aha! And now??” “Can the games begin?”
Most times I couldn’t cook up anything super interesting, we would sing songs, watch a few you tube videos of Elmo, Veggie tales and Barba Papa and then she would follow me around the house. I was constantly putting things back and picking things up because everywhere she went there seemed to be a little tornado. Then it would be time for lunch and then nap time (my favorite period). The house would be quiet, I would think, write some articles and then Mich would come home, she would wake up and then chaos for the next 4 hours until bed time. In the middle of all that, I would cook dinner, give Amani a bath, repeatedly ask Mich to go and bathe, feed them and phew! The bell would ring and Sam would walk through the door.

Now there is a looming possibility of a job placement with my former employer. I’m excited!! But with it come questions like; Who will look after baby girl? Where will Mich spend his afternoons? Will I have to rush home to cook every night? Won’t I be working only to pay for day care??
Issues one doesn't necessarily have to grapple with back in Uganda. Worries there center more around the helper; is she good? does care for the baby? does she have good habits? is she neat? does she do her work well? and such type headaches.

We prayed about it and went to see a possible day care facility almost a stone’s throw away. We liked it, they have after school activities and most of the children are from Mich’s school – I think that is awesome. The icing on the cake was they offer one day of free trial, to see if the kid takes well to it. The timing couldn’t be better because I can happily give baby girl the chance this Tuesday (when I have to go to office).

As for the way things turn out, that will be news for another post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport