A wrong turn...

A Global Positioning System (GPS) is a great navigation device, however, in the hands of a poor geographer with a lousy sense of direction, even the GPS gives up.
 One Saturday on a journey to a destination I don't remember, Sally gave me directions but I took a wrong turn. Sally by the way is the name I gave my automated GPS voice. She said she was "recalculating" when all over a sudden she went dead so I looked for a place to park.
I saw a nice cul-de-sac off the main road and turned. The road was winding and because I couldn't stop in the middle, I followed it all the way to the end. It led to a not-so-ordinary office. I realized I was in a not-so -good place when tire shredders emerged from the ground behind the car and a road block was placed in front of the car.
A policeman stepped out of the checking booth and I thought "oh oh! not good". He was over 6 feet tall, his dark shades reminded me of "Men in Black". As he approached the car he spoke into his walkie-talkie. I thought he was going to pull out a device that would freeze me over and erase my memory.
I rolled down the window and explained how I lost my way. I'm sure he was thinking "uh huh! a likely story". It didn't seem like a place one would wonder into. He asked for my ID, took the car registration number and walked back into the booth. Meanwhile his colleague stood in front of the car with a gun, ready to take action in case I decided to pull an unnecessary move. To keep him off my mind, I struggled to get Sally to guide me out but the phone went dead, there was no network in the area. I had landed in the "wrongestest" place possible.
After what seemed like an hour the policeman came out, directed me to another exit where the gates automatically opened and sent me on my way.

I was still not sure which office I had stumbled into until I got home and shared my little adventure with Mr. O. It was the National Reconnaissance Office. Click on it if you would like to know more. I don't have the strength to explain what they do.

But indeed "Mrs. O, you don't finish!"

On another note, I'm glad that even when we get lost in this world, we have the Holy Spirit and the Bible as our guide. SPS - Spiritual Positioning System or LPS - Life Positioning System.

Happy New Year? (SMILE)

Comments

  1. Oh DEAR Me! And those people do not have a sense of humour! I laughed when I read this.... and cringed because I know how mortified you must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I knew I was in big trouble. I thought I would be on TV or that they would send me a letter in the mail. It was not funny.

    Nice to know you still pass by my hood :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog after reading the Kitante bit. I was there 84-90 (Miriam Laker?).
    it is lovely, i like that you are just like me a wife, mum, sister, daughter, friend, worker and most especially a Christian.
    Be blessed

    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Miriam, I appreciate the comment. Isn't there supposed to be a "Dr." initial in front of your name? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport