For the record

A day after President Obama's second inauguration, I walked passed the U.S Capitol.



The bitter cold made me empathize with the cleaners. Clearing up under these negative temperatures must have been torture.
A well dressed man rolling a briefcase seemed a little undecided as he walked passed a cleaner. He seemed interested in something in or near the trash. When he finally gained the courage to pick it up, the cleaner claimed ownership.
I was obviously curious about what had caught the mans attention. As I walked passed I glanced and saw a single glove on the pavement.The well dressed man had no gloves and this was his chance to save one hand from freezing over but his hopes were dashed. It was that cold!
My fingers hurt, it took will power to press the shutter release and it wasn't even a paid job, just my madness.

Seats still in place

It was still closed off
There is nothing earth shuttering about these pictures, I just wanted to take record of the day after the 57th Presidential inauguration.

Comments

  1. Every time I complain about how cold it is out west in Southern California - yes 60 degrees is cold to us - then I see the weather forecast for the north east and midwest and I'm thankful to God how good we really have it. That said though, I've been to DC in the middle of summer years ago and it was horribly sticky hot and humid. That is some nasty range of temperatures you guys have to live through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendal, and it's not even funny. This week has been the worst so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kitante Primary School Circa the 1980's

The Peeping Petticoat

A spin through Heathrow airport